Can y'all believe today is officially the first day of Spring? This year is already flying by.
If you're new to The 5 Things Series, here's how it works:
Write about 2 domestic discipline related things
Write about 1 personal thing
Link one other DD blog
Link one website of the week (either DD or non-DD..doesn’t matter)
- Our new posting schedule starts the first week of April. If you haven't seen it yet, you can read all about it (and find out how to get involved) by clicking HERE. As part of the new posting schedule, The 5 Things series will be a regular rotation (every other Friday starting the second week of April!).
- March is Q&A Month in Blogland! We do Q&A's a little different here at Learning Domestic Discipline. If you have a question that you'd like answered, feel free to send it in! Your question will be featured (anonymously) as part of our Mailbag Monday series!
- Random Personal Facts Time: We haven't done a Five Things post in awhile, or really any type of personal post, so here's some random tidbits to catch you up on what's been going on in our lives:
- Our son is now officially 20 months old, and so smart.I feel like we talk about that in every entry, but it's true. He really is our entire world. His latest phrase is "ready, set, go!". Yeah. He's perfect.
- If you've never been spanked with a tilt-wand, let me just tell you. They hurt! Like, really hurt. Like, really hurt way worse than I ever thought they would. Thankfully, I only got a few (about 2 or 3..) swats with one (because our wooden cane mysteriously got lost in our move last month. Whoops.) but the tilt wand is fully something I expect to avoid in the future.
- We're getting ready for summer vacation time! We have 1 trip booked for this spring, and are hoping to take a Hawaii vacation in late summer or early fall, schedule permitting. This is, by far, my favorite time of year.
- We've been loving our new neighborhood, and city. I was a little stressed last month about how this move, to a whole new location, would go, but it's been great. We love our new house, and surroundings. The best part is there's a lake nearby (with parks surrounding it, open fields, miles of walking trails, etc.) and we pretty much live there on the weekends.
- We're excited it's March Madness time! We live in a huge "basketball capital" with major basketball schools like NC State, Duke, and UNC all near us. So, basketball is huge here. As my husband put it the other day, this is one of his favorite times of the year.
- I actually asked for a maintenance spanking recently. All my friends probably think I'm crazy, but really, it helps with stress. I still don't think I'm ready to make it a regular part of DD for us (and thankfully, my husband isn't either) but they do help with stress from time to time.
- This is a fantastic post by another domestic discipline "blogland" member, Callie from About Us in Oz. It's called Submission vs. Fear and is not only thought provoking, but extremely well written. Awesome work Callie!
- If you're ever in need of something that will make you smile, restore your faith in humanity, and make you feel good this post does just that. It's called 26 Moments That Restored Our Faith in Humanity (with pictures). Needless to say, it's worth reading/looking at. In a world full of crime news, sad stories, and war, this post is what every person needs to read.
Happy Spring, everyone!
-Clint & Chelsea