Sunday, September 16, 2012

5 Things- Week 5 - Back to Blogging!

Hi everyone!

It's been forever since I wrote a blog. I have to admit, being back to blogging feels really good. I've missed everyone!! I figured I'd start back with a 5 Things entry, just to fill everyone in a little, then get back to regular blogging next week. 

1: Thank you for your thoughts and prayers! One day when I'm a little stronger (both emotionally, and physically) I may write about what happened. For now though, I just want to thank everyone for the outpouring of support given by our family, friends, Blogland, and more. My husband and I both greatly appreciate everyones support. To make a long story short (without a lot of details), I was hospitalized for 5 days, and had 2 surgeries during that time. Needless to say, the recovery process has been long, but I'm excited and really looking forward to getting back to normal. :) 

2: Month 2 is DONE! Last week the second month of my challenge was completed! My husband had an awesome day planned as a reward, and we had a lot of fun. It was just what I needed. :) As some of you may remember, I had a setback last month so getting month 2 done was like a weight off my shoulders. Here's to month 3 of the No Spanking Challenge! Want to take the challenge with me? You should! You don't have to go a full year (although that would be awesome), you can start with smaller goals like 1 month, 3 months, etc. Trust me, it's fun. 

3: We've got big website changes in the works! Have you checked out our new site yet? If not, click here! As you'll see, right now it's under construction but at least we now have a target date of when it will be completed! It's going to be really exciting when it's all done. Way more organized, more like a website vs. a blog, networks, forums, chat, personals, and so much more. But for now go check out the progress we've made. :) We're really excited about the new site launch and hope you are as well.  

4: Blondie's Blog: This past week, one of my blogging friends Blondie put up this post about a new book series that she says is better than 50 Shades of Grey. I haven't read the new series yet (called The Sweet Series) but maybe I'll give it a try. Thanks for the recommendation, Blondie! 

5: I'm totally making this! Hopefully this week, and then I will take pictures for the blog.What is it,you ask?

  
That. It's an "I Love You Because..." dry erase board. Since I feel like I'm always leaving "I love you" notes all around the house for my husband, this board will make things much more organized, and cute! The tutorial for it is here, if you want to make one too! 

In other news..

I've got an awesome story to tell ya'll. It'll be posted up on the blog early this week. 
And for everyone who wrote into a popular talk show about us, let's just say it worked! We're in the very early stages, but something big is in the works!

Have an awesome Sunday, everyone. And, thank you for your prayers. It really means a lot.

-Chelsea 

Missed the previous weeks? 
Check out 5 Things Week 1 here
Week 2 is here
Week 3 is here
Week 4 is here
 

20 comments:

  1. So great to have you back!!! May your healing continue and you grow stronger each day.
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that's a lot of "big" news in one shot! Excited to see what happens with the TV show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chelsea! I miss you!! I am so glad you are okay and getting well!!! <3 Did you get my email? Take lots of time to rest and relax!! Hope to hear back from you soon!

    ~JJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so happy to see a post up by you and you sound really good in the post. Also, lots of exciting news in this post from websites to talk shows. Continue your healing process and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! I love the dry erase board - that is so sweet. Awesome story, website in the works, and possible TV appearance? WOW And you are also moving into a new house soon aren't you? Take it easy and don't push yourself too hard.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chelsea I made the "I love you because" board a few weeks ago and I love it! My husband doesn't write on it too often but sometimes he leaves me silly cartoons. The other day I noticed a nice note from him and wondered why it looked darker than normal...permanent marker.... hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back Chelsea! I'm so happy you're doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so nice to have you back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like the last few weeks have been very challenging for you, Chelsea. Glad to hear that you are feeling better!

    Now, I realize I may be a lone voice here, and I sure do hope that I don't offend you or anyone else by saying this, but I'll be straight with you - the thought of our lifestyle being the topic of conversation on a national talk show totally freaks me out! I have no doubt that you would do your best to present a clear and fair picture of DD in a way that wouldn't trivialize it, but I do wonder whether it's possible for people to come away with a good understanding of our lifestyle choice after watching a 30 to 60 minute talk show.

    Mostly though, I guess I just feel very protective over what is a very private aspect of my marriage. Maybe it's selfish to want to keep it from going mainstream...but I never said I was perfect! :) I worry about the flood of scrutiny and criticism that could possibly result from that type of attention.

    I know that you have successfully opened up to many friends and family about the fact that you practice DD, and I am glad that you've had such a good experience with that. However, for my husband and I, maintaining our privacy, and anonymity, is really important and not something that we desire to ever change. I appreciate having the ability to share ideas and discuss things here in the relative "safety" of our little online community among fellow DDers and feel protective of that as well.

    I guess I'd just like to respectfully request that you and your husband keep in mind the fact that some of us may be pretty hesitant about "outing" the DD lifestyle. Also, if at some point you could elaborate on why you feel this is an important step to take, I would really appreciate it and would love to have a better understanding of it as well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There was lots of exciting news in your post. Love the board idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you are doing better. I have been off the computer for some time, so I'm glad you updated. I love the dry erase project. Note to TheMrs in the comment above, Thanks for making me laugh, and... Try using some rubbing alcohol to remove the permanent marker. God Bless you and yours, Belle L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you! :) I ended up using mr clean eraser and it worked perfect. Not before I took a picture though hahaha

      Delete
  12. Little bit of information:

    The Sweet series was around for YEARS before Fifty Shades of Grey!

    If I had to recommend one series in this genre, it would be Cherise Sinclair’s Masters of the Shadowlands series.

    Fifty Shades of Grey pales in comparison to these other series!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back! I like your point #5. Seeing the board and knowing a blank space is begging some words is a good way to keep us thinking about our partners and how to show our love and appreciation. Too often, we wait for "special occasions" to tell our partners why we love them. Why not change that to a few times a day... don't just say I love you, but actually express why. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back, Chelsea! Wonderful to see you blogging again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am glad you are starting to fell better. The talk show sounds interesting. Can't wait to hear the details.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome back Chelsea, it's great to see you blogging again! So glad you are feeling better and hope the rest of your recovery is speedy.

    Congrats on month 2 of the challenge and the other exciting things in the wings :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you're feeling better! I have that same board in my kitchen and my husband and I take turns writing on it. There is always a new one when I grab that morning cup of coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the dry erase board idea! As to the talk show, I can understand why it would make some people nervous about being "outed", but it might also be the springboard that someone needs to open up a conversation with the spouse. Some of us are not very brave, I'm afraid! Glad you're healing and doing better.

    ReplyDelete