Sunday, August 26, 2012

5 Things - Week 4

Sorry I've been kind of slow on blogging this week. It's been one of those weeks where things have been so busy, I haven't been feeling great, and life is just hectic. I appreciate ya'll being patient. :-) 


1: We bought a house! And it's a super awesome house, too. We're so excited. Some of you may remember, on week 2 of the 5 things post, I was explaining how we decided to buy a house for a few years while our new home is being built. Well, finally, we picked one out (we had it narrowed down to 2, and it was a hard choice) and it all became official this past week- now we just have to wait for closing, and start the super fun process of moving. We're really excited. 

2: The 24th came and went. For most people, the 24th of each month probably means nothing. But, for me, it means a lot. Well, it used to at least. The 24th of each month used to symbolize the day that I was able to cross another month off my 1 year no spanking challenge. But, ever since last months setback, now the 10th is the magical day. I'd be lying though if I said that I wasn't majorly disappointed yesterday. I tried not to let it show, but finally broke down at like 3 AM. I really think that I put too much pressure on myself. :( I just want to complete this challenge so bad. 

3: Diapers and DD?? Does anyone understand what this is all about? For some reason, the past few weeks, the number of emails I've gotten, comments I've read, and blog posts I've seen have focused on this crazy "DD trend" about diapering your wife if she acts like a toddler. I don't understand it at all although I will say that I haven't really tried to because it just seems so odd to me. Has anyone else noticed this new "trend"? What do you think- anyone else think it's really....out there...or is it just me?

4: My Bottom Smarts- If you haven't checked out Bonnie's blog, My Bottom Smarts, I'll fill you in. She does this thing called Sunday Brunch every weekend with a new question, and it's pretty interesting. I linked her this week because the question is an age old DD question about spanking over or under the clothes. The responses should be pretty interesting, I think.  

5: This isn't a website link, but I still wanted to share. It fits with DD perfectly. 



..and here's something to think about.. 


Have an awesome rest of your weekend, everybody!

-Chelsea   

16 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new house! Diapering and DD seems way out there to me too. The universal paradox you posted about has had great meaning in my life, I say it a lot but never applied it in the DD sense. Thanks for the insight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ash.

      I agree, I just can't see the DD sense of it. But hey, to each their own!

      -Chelsea

      Delete
  2. Chelsea, congratulations on the new house. The whole diapering and dd seems out there to me as well. Hang in there with the challenge, you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We're really excited.

      And, the challenge is going good since my little restart. September 10th will mark another month down!

      -Chelsea

      Delete
  3. Diapering sounds like a humiliation tactic. It's definitely not my flavor, that's for sure. Congrats on the new house! We're all pulling for you and your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Maybe that's why I'm so against it..I'm pretty anti-humiliation in DD and it seems like that is exactly what diapering is.

      Thank you for the support!

      -Chelsea

      Delete
  4. Super congrats on the house, YEY! Also good that you are moving forward on the month to month anniversary...keep going strong!
    Onto diapering....I have only ever heard of this from people who were into age play and humiliation (and other deep darker bdsm topics) so honestly I umm...can not even imagine how that could wind up on a search engine for DD. Ohhh....it just came to me - usually those that search use DL (I took a turn on FetLife and am still amazed by some of the kinks out there) maybe it's mistaken topics? The worst search I get is 'how to spank your bratty wife' LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bratty! The challenge is going strong! :)

      You should see the search terms I get that bring people to my blog. Trust me, they're worse than "how to spank your bratty wife", lol. Some are quite shocking.

      -Chelsea

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on the new house. I'm sorry about your challenge set back, but I know you won't let that stop you. I loved the thing to think about. It's so true and it really did make me stop and think about how grateful, or not, I have been lately. That one will stay with me. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Clint and Chelsea on the new house! Enjoyed reading all your things in the post. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the new house, that is so exciting! Great you are moving forward with the challenge, you can do it and we are all behind you. Love the universal paradox.

    As for diapering, that is too out there for me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was put in diapers at one point. I reluctantly agreed and almost immediately was kicking myself with "what was I thinking". It nearly destroyed me and the entire situation, and I would like to mention right away that we are NOT into anything deep, dark and disgusting...period. We're very traditionally minded, Christian people who would never think of such a thing, and believe me, getting a paddling is by no means enjoyable. It's discipline only around here, sometimes a preventive warning, but that's it.

    My husband finally was so frustrated with a lot of things, and he did it as a sort of last resort. It was awful. I was miserable and very angry. It nearly destroyed our relationship and I spent a great deal of time praying for the grace to forgive him. I still am. It was the point in which something that was supposed to help our marriage (which was shaky) nearly ended up destroying it, and we are even shakier than before. So, if you think this is a good idea, I strongly recommend you think again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Chelsea,
    Although this comment unrelated to blog "five things" but ...
    I just think the challenge "no spanking" for one year is too long, I might offer divide it for shorter periods, for example At first you will try two months, and if you do it's successfully, add three months, until you get a Entire year. It's just suggestion ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diapers – we call them nappies outside of America – that is stupid.
    It can be a fetish for kinky people (and not one I will ever understand!), but in a DD perspective it’s ridiculous. DD people don't want the discipline to make the wife feel like a child – but how can they argue that if they make their wife wear nappies?
    It sure doesn’t sound loving to me. It sounds like abuse.

    Oh, and I hope you’re feeling better whenever you see this – heard you were sick.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is unrelated as well. but I just found your blog last week, and I love it. We are just getting started with DD. We haven't done a lot of spankings, but that's going to change. LOL! Our rules now focus on my weight. I think I am about right, but my HoH has decided that I have to lose 10 pounds. I have to weigh in once a week and do a HARD workout he made up for me. I have to do the workout 5 times a week. So far my discipline has included cold showers and tickling which he thinks is another good workout. Now he is adding spankings as well. Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete