Sunday, August 19, 2012

5 Things - Week 3

I can't believe it's Sunday already, that this year is over halfway done, or that it's almost fall. This year is just going by way too fast.

I hope everyone has had an awesome weekend. We spent a bunch of time together as a family, watched some preseason football, did a little shopping, and just relaxed! It felt so good, seeing as how we've been so busy lately.

 1: It's FINALLY football season: (Almost). I know most of you probably are like "ugh, football season means I'm going to lose my husband to ESPN and the NFL Network for the next few months" . But, for us it's super exciting. We LOVE football. I'm not a huge fan of preseason football (because the talented, and good players are usually out of the game by like the first 30 minutes...) If you're a football fan, who are your favorite teams? We're giant Texas Longhorn fans (because that's where I went to college, and grad school..and thankfully my husband loved them before we even met!) and for NFL we like the Denver Broncos. :-) 

2: We heard another couple talking about DD at a restaurant! It was the weirdest thing. Clint and I went out to dinner with a group of people the other night. Since we had a pretty large party, they sat us in this special area of the restaurant where there was another really large party (like 20 people..). So, we sat down, ordered our food, were talking to the people we went with, etc. when all the sudden we here this lady at the other table talking (extremely loud....) to the group she was with saying "remember that time you spanked mom..." and then her voice got quieter, and we didn't hear the rest, but Clint and I immediately looked at each other like "what the hell". A few minutes later, the ladies husband said "well that last time I spanked you for..." and then his voice got quieter too. Everyone in our group was like "what the heck is going on at that table" and Clint and I were just thinking to ourselves wow, another potential DD couple! It was crazy!

3: Implement Guide Part 2 is up! Finally. Sorry for the delay, everyone. So, that completes the implement guide. :-) I might do another guide in the future (once I find another topic...I'm all open to ideas!). I'm also just about caught up on comments- yippee!!

4: Love, Honor, and Obey Him : I didn't link this post to a specific entry, like I've done in weeks past, but this blog is definitely one to follow as Becky develops it in the weeks, months, and years to come. I've been fortunate enough to get to know Becky (and her adorable family!) over the past few weeks, and she's a lot like me. I encourage everyone to read her blog, comment, and make her feel welcome in Blogland! 

5: This is a genius idea, everyone. I can't take the credit for it (I found it on Pinterest) but I think it's a great idea, and something almost everyone could benefit from. So, here's how it works.

On your wedding day (if you aren't married), your anniversary, or another special day, you and your loved one write letters to each other (explaining why you fell in love with the person, whatever else you want to say...you get the idea) and then take a bottle of wine, a gift card to somewhere you love...something that you guys enjoy, and put the letters and the object in a box, and seal it up (then, place the box somewhere out of sight, like underneath your bed). Then, on your first big fight (or, really any heated argument), take time to yourselves and calm down, then open the box together and read the letters, drink the wine, make the dessert, watch the movie (whatever you put in there) and it will help you remember why the two of you fell in love in the first place. 

See, genius idea. :-) 

Also: Happy Wedding Day to Ash!! She is getting married in just a few days (Wednesday) and Clint and I are so happy for her. Congratulations and best wishes, Ash! We hope your day is perfect.   

 

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for recommending my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Chelsea, we are so excited to do number 5. We are going to write the letters today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome Ash! I'm so glad you're special day went perfectly. :)

      -Chelsea

      Delete
  3. Love #5 ... I think I'll save that and suggest it to hubby!!!
    I am a whole hearted Cowboys Fan!!! I can't wait to see the season we are going to have... Hoping to make playoffs this year!!! Hubby is a serious die hard Steelers fan so that's one of my secondary teams...

    ~Hugs~
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cowboys will probably be good this year (and same with the Steelers!). Those are both good teams to like. :)

      -Chelsea

      Delete
  4. Hi Chelsea. I just had "the talk" with my husband of 18 years. We have become more like roommates than a happily married couple. He was very hesitant at first and I thought he would flat out refuse to think about dd. I used a lot of the info from your blog ( and Clint's) and he has agreed to think about it and do some more research this week. We are going to discuss it again next weekend. I really feel like this would help bring us together. (I really need him to hold me accountable on some things.). Anyway, thanks for all the terrific advice! Have a blessed week. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words Holly! I really hope that, if you start to practice DD, it will help your marriage. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

      Best of luck as you embark down this life changing road!

      -Chelsea

      Delete
  5. We love football season in our house too! I'm so excited. John and my NFL teams are rivals, serious rivals. Every time they play each other, it's a pretty dirty game and their fans usually dislike the others' fans. Makes football season fun in our house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who are your favorite teams? You're right, that would make football season fun I bet!

      -Chelsea

      Delete
    2. John's is the Oakland Raiders and mine is the Kansas City Chiefs.

      Delete