Friday, July 13, 2012

A Great New Book

I'll admit, I've never been one that reads DD fiction. I actually didn't even read many DD blogs up until a couple of months ago! But, I have to say, I'm glad I checked out the "DD literature world" so to speak. I'm now hooked on blogs, and have found myself reading several DD stories over the past couple months.

It all started when my friend "Pooky" (from CDD For Life? Pooky's Story) let me know that she'd written a 2-part book series and asked if I'd read it for her. If I was going to start reading anyones DD fiction books, it was going to be hers. I love the way she writes on her blog, so I knew I'd love her books too. And, I was right.

The 2 part series is called Choices, and it's perfectly named (as well as excellently written). The book is about a girl named Jessie who is happily married. Her husband brings up domestic discipline out of the blue after a big argument and before long they're practicing it as part of their daily life. Gabe (Jesse's husband) asks her to do a one year trial period and the book follows their domestic discipline journey, and the choices she makes along the way. In the second book (Choices Part 2) it continues to follow the couples fictional DD journey and the hardships, emotions, happy times, bad times, and everything in between that comes with DD.

 I don't want to give too much away about the books, but there's a general idea. Since I'd never read many DD fiction (ok, so I hadn't read any) I wasn't sure what to expect. But, let me tell you, I was really into it! I read the first book in just under a day. For some reason, I couldn't stop reading it. Maybe it's because I saw a little of my husband and I in the book (the way her husband approached certain situations just sounded so similar to my own), I don't know. But, whatever the reason was, I'm truly glad I read them. The second book I finished in a really quick time frame too, and liked it equally as much.

Probably the best part about these books is how accurately Pooky got the emotions that exist in a domestic discipline marriage to be displayed. I felt like I could truly relate to Jessie, and I think other women who read the book will feel the same (and, men can easily relate to Gabe, the HoH figure). The emotions that run through this book cover all the emotions that a real life DD couple would face. The bottom line is that it's written very well.

I'm curious to hear what you all think of Pooky's 2-part book series, which is available for sale by clicking on the links below. I'm telling you guys, it's worth a read. I'm hoping Pooky will write a 3rd part of the series that has now gotten me hooked.
Choices Part 1

 To download the eBook instantly, click here.

To download the eBook instantly, click here.

Also, you can read the first chapter of each of the books by clicking on the above link and then clicking "preview" underneath the book cover.

-Chelsea

19 comments:

  1. Downloading immediately. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...as soon as I ask my HOH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please check out my blog and let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Choices Part 1 on Pooky's blog and it is great! You're so right Chelsea - she really does a wonderful job of conveying the emotions. Am going to get Part 2 soon. Hope there are Parts 3... in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi do you know if the Choices will be available in print as I read the firtst chapter on Lulu and its great i was really intriguned would love a copy but don't have a kindle to download to???
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have a smartphone, you can get the kindle app for free.

      Delete
    2. I'm not sure if it will be available in print, but Pooky would know (since it's her book).

      If you don't have a Kindle, you can download it from Lulu directly onto your computer and read it there.

      -Chelsea

      Delete
  6. Jane, the first book is available in print unfortunately it is slightly more costly. This is the link to buy the paperback-
    http://www.lulu.com/shop/patty-devlin/choicespart-one/paperback/product-18824191.html;jsessionid=21165A52EBDDF8CD3819BFA9CFB3BED9

    However- Lulu offers different formats of the book so that you can also read it on your computer with Adobe if you like as well. I hope that is helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Porky I have tried the link but nothing happens can you tell me how to do in on lulu
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, just click on the Lulu link that i linked under each book above, and you can buy and download it directly onto your computer from there. But, after your purchase, you need to go into "My Downloads" to download it. The download doesn't begin immediately.

      -Chelsea

      Delete
  8. Hi sorry guys finally figured it our and ordered it in paperback thanks ror your help this is very new to me really looking forward to reading it.
    bye
    Janer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mh, that is a good recommendation! I will have to check it out! Haven't been able to find anything good in a while!

    ReplyDelete